There is lots to cover and so little time!
1. Uncommonly Tidy Poltergeists will be coming out in audio! Look for it late October/Early November.
2. The Re.new.al anthology is coming along. We're just waiting on a couple illustrations to complete it then we can start making all the different formats and print. <3
3. Toni is ankle deep with Archie's Accidental Kidnapping edits for her expanded second edition. Then she has edits for As Fire Rains Down then Pyro finally gets his turn.
A note on the updated Archie's Accidental Kidnapping - it's changed, quite a bit. The one thing hasn't changed is Archie and Adze, those are still our main guys. Everything else? New world. When Toni decided to dust of the series she felt it needed fleshing out and resulted in the story going from 15K to about 50K. That's massive! The other thing is she's renamed the series since other people are now using her old one. It'll the Hounds of the Hunt now.
4. Freddy has a holiday story for us this December, as well as a few others in the pipeline. Content edits are happening for other stories, not to mention writing is happening for more stories, they just needs more hours in the day.
5. Message from the Home Office and The Nut Job by Angel and Freddy respectively, from the IMP Universe will be undergoing edits and being released by MCB.
6. Marionettes in the Mist illustrations are happening for the first volume, and expansions and edits are underway. Mila is doing a wonderful job with the pages. Here is a sneak peak of part of one of the images. <3
7. Our house lines have rolling submissions. If you think you have a story for us, we're always happy to get new submissions!
8. Holiday stories - MCB will be putting out a call for short (less than 15k) holiday stories. Each story will be offered a one time pay amount, will get their own covers, edits, etc., as well as a cover for a bundle packet of the stories.
It'll be a small submissions window, but if you have a story, submit! We want to get as much cheer out there for the upcoming holidays.
The upcoming MCB anthology, Not in the Stars, has a diverse group of stories to share with everyone. For this anthology, the theme was Science Fiction—which is as broad as the stars are many. We have aliens introducing themselves to Earth for the first time, surprise guests showing up at a science fiction convention, a steampunk inspired trip to the moon, and angels and demons voyaging through space (with the usual disastrous results.)
In two weeks, Mischief Corner Anthologies #4 will hit the virtual bookshelves and we hope that you want to take a voyage into the unknown with us. Below we have the concepts and blurbs for each contribution.
Banners and Blurbs
We have Toni's Finding Connor: The Borillian Twist, Book 1. She turns human society on its head with her new story of us finding out there is more than just man in the universe.
Mark, a RAAF fighter pilot, is on leave for the first time since the aliens decided to say 'Hello'. He meets Connor, a numbers man for a casino, at a gay bar and danced the night away. Their one night together changes their entire lives and what people think they know about life on Earth.
Mathilde's story, The Usual Conventions: Unconventional Romances 1, gives "hooking up at SciFi conventions" a whole new spin.
When Chris meets the alien—man—of his dreams, "Ensign Brodeich Geinn" aka actor Brody Gates, it's as one of the coordinators for the first annual Science Fiction Convention in North Carolina. To his delight, Brody seems to return his interest, albeit in typical alien "Brodeich" fashion. Awkward alien or not, Chris is more than willing to play out any sexual fantasy for his SciFi crush, especially when Brody fumbles over the simplest of human conventions.
Freddy's story, Feel Me, takes place in an alternate Earth universe where different fuels drive human endeavors. The main attraction, the Elevator to the Moon Colony.
One terrorist blast changed Master Tobias Zimmer's entire existence, relegating him to being nothing more than just a "Coppies" because of the metal replacing his flesh. As the once future Shogun of moon colony Orion 1, he now idles his time away keeping tabs on the Loyalists while his father and brother broker negotiations with the Earth Consortium.
A confrontation with his childhood enemy, Dr. Thorsten Nordenfelt, sets into motion events that cannot be undone and puts Tobias's sheltered heart at the center of the colony's attempts to free itself from the repressive Earth's rule.
Lastly, but not least, we have Angel's Shax's War: Brimstone 3. Shax is up to his usual tricks, starting with a game of Trauma Ball and an over the top dinner to show off his Ness. Too bad the games don't stay so simple.
The boys desperately need a vacation. With the not-quite-ill-gotten gains from the Frog incident, Shax takes the Brimstone's crew to the exclusive resort planet, Opal. What could possibly go wrong there?