Welcome to the end of year 'Stuff We Like' post! This is going to be a list of things rather a big in depth post, mainly because there is a lot to cover.
For our list making, we have Freddy, who is joining us from Thailand.
*waves* Hello everyone!
I hope everyone has had a good year, but I do wish for better things to come in the upcoming year. Lots of changes have happened in the past year for the Mischiefers and we all have things we are grateful for, as well as wishes for the new year.
I thought it would be great to list of 10 things that were fabulous experiences for us in 2014.
1. We wrote two fabulous anthologies together this year. Our SF bit of quirkiness, Not in the Stars, and our Christmas goodness antho, Chestnuts Roasting Anthology. It was good times, laughs, some tears, some passionate exchanges, and always a pleasure to work with the other Mischiefers. I hope we were able to touch hearts and minds with our anthos this year, and I am looking forward to what's planned for next year.
2. Catherine Dair. If you don't know who this wonderful artist is, you need to learn her name. Angel found her and we adopted her because we love her so hard. She made the covers for The Anchorage Series before I went nuts and used her for all sorts of GRL goodies. The obsession went from there and Catherine is who illustrated all our lovely Christmas covers this year. *pets pretties* And even better, she has become a wonderful friend.
3. The majority of rereleases from our old publisher are done. Yes, we have some left but we hope to have those finished up at the start of 2015. We also have a kick ass editor, one Erika Orrick, to thank for that. She has done so much for us. *hugs* Most everything was rereleased this year one way or another, which is good news because that means we can set our focus on new stories or getting back to our series that we had to put aside. It was a struggle, but we've persevered and become stronger for it. And that leads to my next couple points.
4. Because of everything that has happened, Mischief Corner Books became stronger and grew. We are, and always will be, a small press, but we enjoy what we do and are happy that we can put quality products out there for readers to enjoy. We look forward to putting out The Quarterly, and look forward to the stories and articles we are going to share with you.
5. New books are coming! Yes, we've had the anthologies which have put out new stories for us, but now we really get to dig in this year and put out new stories. That's going to be our focus, that, and The Quarterly. This honestly means less releases for MCB, but if you consider the number of rereleases we did in the last year, this doesn't seem outrageous or odd. We had the anthos, their single releases, rereleases and so forth, but now that we've had our establishing year - our first full year in business - we can turn to continuing what we started and doing what we love. Writing and putting out books. So less releases but more new books. How can you not love that? I know people have been patiently waiting for different books and series from us and now we can do that.
6. We made it through a full year of business, learning and growing as people while we did so. Yes, we had started earlier than that, but 2014 was our first full year running things. There were times I wanted to pull my hair out, but I am glad for the experiences.
7. My fellow Mischiefers. I love each and every one of them, and I am lucky to have met them. My life was forever changed when I walked into that cabin in Tennessee.
8. Our faithful readers. MCB would have never gotten off the ground without all of you. Your support and well wishes have helped us emmensly. They mean so much to us and make us push harder.
9. GRL 2014. Thanks to GRL almost all the Mischiefers got to see each other again. It had been so long, and I missed them all. I still do. We talk every day, but my heart wishes were we all a little closer. *still wants that commune in Australia for all of us.
10. The Year. The fact that we had a year. That we have reached goals and surpassed them. That some of us have started new adventures or chapters in our lives to become what we want to be or express who we are. That we have had another year together, loving, laughing, sometimes crying, is a blessing. Here's to many more.
Thank you, everyone, for all that you've done. I truly hope next year will be a fabulous one for all of us---Mischiefers, readers, reviewers, everyone.. May it be filled with laughter, love, and friends and family. May we reach for the stars and capture all that we desire.
Happy New Year. See you on the other side.